Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Pinterest sweet tooth cravings!

I keep seeing these microwave desserts and snacks in coffee mugs on Pinterest, so tonight when the chocolate craving hit I decided it was the night to try it out. 

After browsing through some pins on my "tasty treats" board (http://pinterest.com/jamo117/tasty-treats/) I choose to make Nutella coffee mug cake.  Chocolate, gooey, warm, easy, cake in a cup.  Oh and did I Mention Nutella?  I mean c'mon if you haven't tried the stuff go to the store ASAP and pick yourself up a jar and go to town. I can eat the stuff right out of the jar, and on toast, bagels, crackers, ice cream, strawberries, bananas, peanut butter sandwiches, waffles, pancakes...or did I say right out of the jar?  I keep a jar of generic Nutella in the pantry from my local Aldi grocery store.  (I think I like the generic stuff is better)

Obviously trying this recipe was a no-brainer tonight and easy peasy.

Get your ingredients ready to go:
FLOUR
SUGAR
COCOA
OIL
MILK
EGG
NUTELLA (or a generic brand of Hazelnut spread)
 


Combine all ingredients in one mug:
4 Tbs. Flour
4 Tbs. Sugar
3Tbs. oil
3 Tbs. Milk
3 Tbs. Cocoa
3Tbs. Nutella
1 Egg

 



Mix together with a fork until mostly smooth. 

Now pop the mug into the microwave for 1 1/2-3 minutes depending on the microwave.  I microwaved mine for 3 minutes.
 

 
 
TADA! There you have it;  a mug full of gooey, rich, chocolaty, hot, cake!


 
 
Topped off with a little cookies and cream ice cream my husband and I had a super easy dessert. 
Next time I will only make one for us to share, it was way too much for either one of us to finish.  It is best with LOTS of ice cream too, it melts and makes the cake nice and gooey.  I have a great hot fudge recipe that would be great with this too....sharing hot fudge in a future post!



Happy Baking!

Love & Light,

              Jamie Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment