Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I love your bus!

If you read my "Explorations in life" post you might remember that I own some vintage Volkswagens.  My husband and I own 5 to be exact.  Part of being a Volkswagen owner is enjoying them with other Volkswagen owners. We get together with other VW nuts almost every weekend of the summer.  Sometimes it's camping, sometimes it's a car show, sometimes it's just driving around to see how many people wave and smile, oh and of course we take them to concerts and festivals. (damn dirty hippies) 

Check out this Facebook page if you would like to read or share some good VW stories:  https://www.facebook.com/MoreSmilesPeraMile

Recently at a car show I took some pictures of some close friends VW busses.  Each of these busses has been restored and have shared in some battles over best of show, or 1st place in their class. 
I wanted to share some pictures because they are gorgeous examples of vintage German engineering and design.

Enjoy!



This is my friends 1958 15 window deluxe bus.  He has owned this bus for over 20 years and has done a complete restoration...it's a beauty!



 
 
 

 





 







 







The blue bus in these two pictures is our 1967 bus we have named "Bufele"




















This is the man we like to call "the bus whisperer" holding his best of show trophy for his VW single cab.





 
 
 










 



 


 




 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment