Search This Blog

Friday, August 9, 2013

Champagne spiked watermelon

Last weekend we had a small BBQ with family to celebrate my husbands birthday.  My mother-in-law brought over a good sized seedless watermelon that we never cut up to eat. 

This weekend we have a weekend planned full of scooter rides, Volkswagen camping, hula hooping, and hillbilly dancing at Chicken Shit Bingo.  (Yes chicken shit bingo...I will save that for a post after the weekend)

Oh and drinking and lot and lots of good eating!

So I thought to myself we need to spike this watermelon and make it dangerously good!  The only alcohol we had on hand in the house was a bottle of some really good rum, some crème de menthe, some crème de cocoa, red wine, and a very large bottle of champagne left over from mimosas served for our post wedding brunch.  I didn't want to use the good rum, were saving that for some  rum punch.  The crème de menthe, crème de cocoa, or red wine somehow didn't sound so good with watermelon, so champagne it is!
 
 
First things first, gotta cut that thing in half.
 


I used my cookie scoop as a melon baller and scooped the watermelon. I have a large supply of empty mason and pasta sauce jars on hand for storing leftovers, soups, and sauces so I used them to pack jars full of watermelon.



Now  I just need to fill each jar full of champagne and let it soak!








Half of the watermelon used half of the champagne and filled up four of my pasta sauce jars. 
When I scooped the whole melon I had about 8 full jars of watermelon champagne mix.  I let it sit for about an hour in the fridge before I took a taste test, and let me say; it's delicious!  The champagne has a light enough flavor you can still taste the watermelon, but it adds some bubbly texture to it!  I can't wait to bring this out this weekend and share with friends! 

Cheers!
Love & Light,
Jamie Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment